8:45am 1st Bell, Students make their way to class
9am Ready to learn Bell—Learning Block 1
10:40am-11am Recess 1
11:00am—12:40pm Learning Block 2
12:40pm-1:10pm Recess 2
1:10pm—1:20pm Lunch Eating Time
1:20pm-2:10pm Learning Block 3
2:10pm-2:40pm Recess 3
2:40pm-3:30pm Learning Block 4
Roles & Responsibilities
School councils play a key role in Victorian government schools. Participating as a school council member is a rewarding and challenging experience. The school council supports the principal to provide the best possible educational outcomes for students.
School councils have three main responsibilities:
- Finance – overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation.
- Strategic Planning – participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan.
- Policy Development and Review – developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in its strategic plan.
Other key functions of school councils include:
- raising funds for school-related purposes
- maintaining school grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts
- reporting annually to the school community and the Department of Education and Training
- representing and taking the views of the community into account
- regulating and facilitating after-hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school. –OSHC (Out of School Hours Care) program
The election for the Macclesfield PS school council will be held in February / March each year. If you would like to nominate for one of the 4 parent vacancies, please contact the school office for a nomination form.