Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zonesfor answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at email@example.com
Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has a statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Macclesfield Primary School
You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline and procedures at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
Enrolment forms must include:
- date of birth (note: evidence of date of birth can be official, such as a birth certificate or where this is not able to be produced, unofficial, such as a doctor’s note attesting to a child’s age).
- names and addresses of the student and enrolling parent or carer
- details of medical and other conditions that may require special consideration
- emergency telephone numbers, including a nominated doctor
- an Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register
- the name of the previous school and the student’s current year level, where students transfer from another school
- the Privacy Collection Statement.
The signature of:
- the parent as defined in the Family Law Act 1975 (Note: In the absence of a current court order, each parent of a child who is not 18 has equal parental responsibility)
- both parents for parents who are separated, or a copy of the court order with any impact on the relationship between the family and the school
- an informal carer, with a statutory declaration. Carers: may be a relative or other carer, have day-to-day care of the student with the student regularly living with them, or may provide any other consent required, for example, excursions)
What you need to do
Visit your designated school and other schools you are considering enrolling in and submit an application for Prep by Friday 28 July 2023.
Your primary school will notify you of the outcome of your child’s Prep enrolment application by Friday 11 August 2023.
2024 Prep Transition Mornings
Have been finalised and will be communicated to families upon enrolment.
Provided below is supplementary documents that will help potential new families to understand Macclesfield Primary School’s mission, vision and culture:
Blank Toggle for CSS
For further information regarding school zoning please visit Find My School website and type in your address:
To make your enrolment as simple and quick as possible, please ensure you follow these steps.
- Child must turn 5 years of age by the 30th April in the year of school entry.
- Completed enrolment form – In order to confirm your child’s enrolment, a confidential enrolment form must be accompanied by the following documents and submitted to the school office:
- Immunisation History Statement – for children under 7 who are registered with Medicare, this statement can be obtained by calling Medicare on 1800 653 809 or by lodging an online request at the Australian Childhood Immunisation register
- Evidence of birth date – a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and, if available, copy of Passport
- International enrolments – a copy of your child’s birth date and a copy of your child’s passport
- Copy of Visa status – (if applicable).
- PLEASE NOTE: the originals of these documents must be sighted and photocopied at the school office.
- Contact the school if you have any questions