Macclesfield Primary School warmly welcomes local and international families to join our friendly and inclusive school community.
As an internationally minded school, our reputation stands on honouring our history, focusing on the present and preparing for the future. We believe that the growth of our children is at the heart of our community. By focusing on the whole child, we facilitate a sense of belonging and achievement through powerful interactions with other learners and rich learning tasks.
The Department of Education and Training (DET) provides information on school areas via the www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au site.
Your child has a right to enrol in their designated neighbourhood school. Your designated neighbourhood school is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. Every designated neighbourhood school is a great school that provides a supportive environment that fosters the emotional and intellectual growth of their students.
Applications to schools other than your designated neighbourhood school are considered subject to the school having available spaces, as outlined in the Department’s Placement Policy.
What you need to do
Visit your designated school and other schools you are considering enrolling in and submit an application for Prep by 30 August 2022.
Your primary school will notify you of the outcome of your child’s Prep enrolment application by 15 September 2022.
Prep Transition Mornings 2022 – To be advised
Provided below is supplementary documents that will help potential new families to understand Macclesfield Primary School’s mission, vision and culture:
For further information regarding school zoning please visit Find My School website and type in your address:
To make your enrolment as simple and quick as possible, please ensure you follow these steps.
- Child must turn 5 years of age by the 30th April in the year of school entry.
- Completed enrolment form – In order to confirm your child’s enrolment, a confidential enrolment form must be accompanied by the following documents and submitted to the school office:
- Immunisation History Statement – for children under 7 who are registered with Medicare, this statement can be obtained by calling Medicare on 1800 653 809 or by lodging an online request at the Australian Childhood Immunisation register
- Evidence of birth date – a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and, if available, copy of Passport
- International enrolments – a copy of your child’s birth date and a copy of your child’s passport
- Copy of Visa status – (if applicable).
- PLEASE NOTE: the originals of these documents must be sighted and photocopied at the school office.
- Contact the school if you have any questions